PS: That is 1 of my favorite authors and she was my very first favorite author.
It has been some time since I post 1 of these posts.
Just to let you know, I change the way I post and structure of these blog posts. So instead of 2 long posts on my Haul and 1st Impressions. I decided to put it together but it will only be about 1 product. This way, you have more posts to read and would not be overwhelmed by the long posts. I also have added extra information that people usually ask. So let me know in the comment down below on whether you prefer this kind of structure or the 2 long posts that I did previously.
If you have not read the blog post on the introduction to The Ordinary, please click here. So you can have a rough idea and better understanding on what I am saying in this post.
Here are the links to the other products that I bought, did my 1st impressions and breakdown:
Matrixyl* 10% + HA -> Click Me!!
Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA -> Coming soon
Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG -> Coming soon
Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution 12% -> Coming soon
Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Sphere 2% -> Coming soon
Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% -> Coming soon
Also, it would be great if you can share this with your friends and follow me on Instagram! I am trying to increase my blog followers to 1k and Instagram to 10k by the end of this year. It would really mean it to me if you can help out! The link to my Instagram is at the side of the blog->>>
So that is said, let’s begin!
Note: If you want to go straight to the 1st Impression, just go to the bottom of this post.
This is not a sponsored blog post or anything like that. DECIEM company or The Ordinary brand does not even know that I am doing this or know me for that matter. I am simply doing this so it can help you. Especially for those who are planning to buy their products as it can get very confusing.
I am not a skin specialist, esthetician, doctor, scientist or anything like that. I am just an Ordinary Woman (Got it? Hahaha!) who really love skincare and gain knowledge about it. What works for me might not work for you. I am just giving recommendations, trying to put it into layman terms for you to understand the science and usage on these products. Everybody’s skin is different. So work with your skin and listen to it. I am not you so I would not know your skin better than you do. If the recommendations do not work for you then do not follow it and try something else. Please do not scold or say me for recommending something that does not work for you.
Everybody read and see things differently. The way I interpret and summarize these terms and meaning makes it easier for me to understand. So if you do not understand, I have added the links to where I got most of my information from. You can go straight to the main source.
What is it?:
A multi-technology peptide serum (AKA Peptide heaven!!)
What are peptide?:
They are active molecules that made of amino acid. The long chain of amino acids become protein while short chain can enter into the top layer of the skin and inform the skin cells what to do. This leads to the building of new collagen and you know what that means!
Formula / Format:
Water Solutions (Liquid)
4.50 – 5.50
Multiple signs of aging at once
- Surface Hydration
- Fine Lines
- Dynamic Lines
- Textural Irregularities
Pros/Benefits of Peptide:
- Increase skin’s smoothness
- Increase skin’s firmness
- Give the appearance of a younger looking skin
- Helps to repair skin damage
- Increase collagen in the skin
- Increase skin elasticity
- Revitalize the skin
- Make the skin more resilient and supple
- Decrease the depth of the wrinkles and fine lines
Cons/Detriment about Peptide:
- Need to keep using it
- Once you stop using them, the effect goes away and you can see the difference
- Only able to see results in about 1 to 3 months
Contradictions / Conflicts:
Best Pair / Combinations:
Literally, every routine as this is such a versatile product
AM or PM:
Matrixyl* 10% + HA
Argireline Solution 10%
(Similar in terms of being a peptide product and focus on wrinkles or anti-aging)
The Ordinary Recommendation Directions:
Apply in the AM and PM
Before oils and creams
Lydia’s Recommendations on Where to put this:
After your main focus of pH sensitive highly active products or after your 1st essence/toner
Western only skincare routine
pH adjusting Toner -> BHA -> AHA -> Vitamin Cs (L-Ascorbic Acid)-> Buffet
Vitamin As -> Niacinamide -> Buffet -> Moisturiser
pH adjusting Toner -> Buffet -> Moisturier
If you are using Buffet right after washing as what The Ordinary suggest, I would recommend using a pH adjusting Toner.
Buffet has a pH level of 4.5 to 5.5 pH. Usually highly active products such as Vitamins Cs, they have quite a low pH level so it is fine to put after.
However, if you use after cleaning, your skin pH level would not be that low. Even when you use a low pH level cleanser. At most, your skin pH level would be 5.5pH. Personally, I like to be somewhere in the middle of 5 pH. So I would recommend using a toner that can bring your skin to that pH range to make “Buffet” more effective. It doesn’t have to be those strong toners that are about 3.5 pH level. Just those mild toners will do.
If you are on a budget or do not have a toner like that, it is fine to use without. It is just that “Buffet” would need some time to bring your skin pH level to that range for it to start working. Which means it takes a longer time for the product to be activated or start working on the skin. It will still work and be effective just not as effective as using a toner before.
Western and Korean skincare routine
Vitamin Cs (L-Ascorbic Acid)-> 1st essence/toner or your 3/7 skin method hydrating essence/toner -> Buffet -> Moisturiers
Vitamin As -> Niacinamide -> Buffet -> Serum (Thicker consistency then Buffet) -> Moisturiers
- Think Buffet as your 2nd hydrating essence or serum step
- The same rule applies. Thinner consistency and viscosity first but make sure the pH level is from low to high. pH level is more important.
- You can use Buffet to do your 3/7 layering since there is no alcohol, 11 amino acids and multiple hyaluronic acids in this.
- Since this has a higher viscosity compare to those 1st essences like IOPE Bio Essence Intensive Conditioning, I feel that 3 layers will do the trick.
Example: 1st Essence / Toner -> 3 layers of Buffet -> Missha Night Repair Ampoule
Benefits of the Main ingredients and technology:
- Matrixyl 3,000 peptide complex (with palmitoyl-pentapeptide 35)
- Better then Matrixyl: Have additional of 2 new peptides besides palmitoyl-pentapeptide 3: palmitoyl-tripeptide and palmitoyl-oligopeptide
- Collagen Targeted Stimulating Peptide,
- Repair Damage/Wound
- Long lasting results
- Matrixyl Synthe’6 peptide complex (with palmitoyl tripeptide-38)
- Regulates cell activity
- Regulates wound repair
- Remodel and increase Collagen Tissues
- Gives a lifting effect
- Syn-Ake peptide complex (with dipeptide diaminobutyroyl benzylamide diacetate)
- Reduce the dept of wrinkles
- Increase skin smoothness
- Relistase peptide complex (with acetylarginyltryptophyl diphenylglycine)
- Increase skin firmness
- Increase skin resilience
- Increase tightness in the skin
- Argirelox peptide complex (with acetyl hexapeptide-8, pentapeptide-18)
- Fights expression lines
- Prolong and maintain the effect of BoNT-A(E.g.Botox) injections in both crow’s feet and grabellar(Frown) lines.
- Probiotic complex (with lactococcus lactis lysate)
- Gives hydration
- Increase healthy skin barrier function
- May help to build collagen
- Reduce damage from UV radiation
- 11 skin-friendly amino acids
- Have moisturizing, antioxidant and skin restorative properties
- Needed it to create peptides
- An essential part to combine collagen and elastin
- Multiple hyaluronic acid complexes
- Hydrates the skin
- Gives the skin a more plump and supple effect
The total concentration of these technologies in the formula by weight is 25.1%.
Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Lactococcus Ferment Lysate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Pentapeptide-18, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, Dipeptide Diaminobutyroyl Benzylamide Diacetate, Acetylarginyltryptophyl Diphenylglycine, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Allantoin, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Arginine, Aspartic Acid, Trehalose, Fructose, Glucose, Maltose, Urea, Sodium PCA, PCA, Sodium Lactate, Citric Acid, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Acacia Senegal Gum, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Ethoxydiglycol, Sodium Benzoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.
It has a translucent color and it feels like a hydrating toner with a higher viscosity. This sinks into your skin fast, like pouring water into a dessert. Your skin just drinks it up! However, this leaves a slightly tacky or sticky feeling. If you place your fingers onto the skin and take it away; the skin sticks to your fingers. The sticky feelings do go away once you put moisturizer on. This feels hydrating and moisturizing but not at the same time. I am not sure about that for now. Will let you know again in the full product review.
- Translucent colour
- Feels like hydrating toner with a higher viscosity
- Sinks into the skin fast
- Gives a tightening effect
- Leaves a slightly tacky or sticky feeling
- The sticky feeling goes away once you apply moisturizer over it.
- NO FRAGRANCE!! Happy girl (:
Thank you for reading! I will be doing a full product review on this product with the results and effects it gives me in more detail. More of this posts will be out soon! Look out for it!
Please follow, like and share! Thank you so much! ♥ (: